In honor of National Panini Month, we’re introducing the sandwich that started it all for Uniquely Greek. Our initial baby spinach-flavored feta spread was first unveiled as a unique condiment added to our twist on the classic Italian sandwich. Encased in Mediterranean-style pita bread, our “Pita-ini” is infused with a distinct flavor that would make Zeus himself stand up and take notice. Yet, this easy-to-follow recipe delivers a taste of heaven after spending only a few minutes in the kitchen.
Happy Panini Month!
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 1 round, flat pita bread—white or wheat
- 1/2 pre-cooked chicken breast, thickly sliced (Store-bought chicken breast works just fine.)
- Handful of fresh baby spinach, rinsed then dried
- 1 slice of Provolone cheese (If you prefer a more cheesy Panini, add a half-slice of Provolone.)
- 1 tablespoon of Uniquely Greek Baby Spinach Feta Spread
- Sandwich press: you can use a range-top Panini press, or a George Forman® Grill
Pre-heat the Panini press/grill according to the instructions provided for the appliance you’re using.
Warm pita bread by placing it in your microwave for 30 seconds, or on your grilling appliance for 45 seconds to 1 minute. The goal is to make the pita flexible enough to prepare your sandwich for grilling. So please be careful not to overheat your pita.
Keeping the pita flat, place Provolone cheese on the top half of your pita.
Add sliced chicken breast to the lower half of your pita.
Place bunched up spinach leaves on top of the Provolone cheese.
Fold the pita together and place it on the grill.
Grill the sandwich until the cheese has melted and the pita has browned to your satisfaction—usually 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the sandwich from the grill, open the pita slightly and top it with Uniquely Greek Spinach Feta Spread.
Serve with your choice of a tasty side salad, chips, or veggies.
RSS 2.0 feed | Trackback